Haj policy-2023 announced: 25 Embankment points to be set up across country; VIP quouta abolished

/

Decision taken after crucial meeting of HCoI; Haj forms to be available free of cost within three days, Haj this year to be more cheaper, pilgrims to have better facilities this year: Er Aijaz Hussain

Abid Bashir

Srinagar, Feb 06 (KNO): Announcing the Haj-2023 policy for this year’s holy pilgrimage of Haj, the Haj Committee of India (HCoI) today said that this year there will be 25 Haj Embankment points while as Haj application forms will be made available after three days and there will be no fee for the same.

Talking to news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), exclusively, Member HCoI, Er Aijaz Hussain said after a crucial meeting of HCoI, it was decided that this year there will be 25 embankment points for the pilgrims across the country and Haj application forms will be made available within three days.

Er Aijaz also said that HCoI also announced to abolish the VIP quouta under which dignitaries were entitled to accomodate five to ten pilgrims under the quota. “There will be no VIP quouta henceforth,” Er Aijaz said.

Pertinently, after thorough discussions between HCoI and Saudi Government, it was decided that this year over 1,75000 pilgrims will perform the holy pilgrimage of Haj 2023.

Er Aijaz said that additional embankment points will help facilitate the pilgrims smoothly across the country. On January 10, India had signed the bilateral agreement with the Saudi Government to fix the total number of pilgrims this year. Er Aijaz said that HCoIs endeavour this year will be to make Haj2023 cheaper compared to previous years and ensure more and better facilities to pilgrims at both holy cities of Makah and Madina—(KNO)

JKBOPEE Declared Provisional Selection List – Check Here

BOSE for maximum participation of students from affiliated schools in Pariksha Parv ‘Move

Latest from Kashmir