Wedding Invitation From 1933 Goes Viral, Amazes Internet

/

The person is writing the letter to invite for his son’s wedding scheduled on April 23, 1933.

Nowadays, during weddings, fancy invitation cards are always the talk of the town. Some invites include personalised cards with luxury chocolates, while others consider the environment and gift plants with biodegradable cards. Some of us might have seen the wedding invite of our parents, but have you wondered what the invitations looked like during your grandparents’ era? An 89-year-old wedding invite, written in Urdu, is doing rounds on the internet. Users are surprised to note the intricacies mentioned in the card.

The wedding card was shared by Sonya Battla on Twitter. She captioned the post as, “My grandparents’ wedding invitation circa #1933 #Delhi.” In the photograph shared of the card, one can see an old, coffee-brown shaded card in neat Urdu calligraphy. The person is writing the letter to invite for his son’s wedding scheduled on April 23, 1933. The card reads, “I praise and pay gratitude to Prophet Muhammad. Respected Sir, Peace be upon You I am thankful to Almighty Allah for this blessed time. Wedding of my son, Hafiz Muhammad Yousaf is scheduled on 23 April 1933/27 Zil-Hajj 1351 on Sunday.”

It is also mentioned that the bride’s house is located in Kishan Ganj. “I invite you to come to my house situated at Street Qasim Jaan, and then accompany us to the house of Bride situated in Kishan Ganj Locality, to become part of Nikkah (Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad) and eat a meal. Walima is on 24 April 1933 / 28 Zil-Hajj 1351.Come to my house at 10 am and become part of Walima and make me thankful to you.”

Read Aslo  JKBOSE: Fresh Important Notifications 2023

The father of the groom, also adds that he will appreciate punctuality. “Barat will start its journey sharp at 11:30 am. Your Punctuality will make me comfortable. Writer of the Invitation: Muhammad Ibrahim Hafiz Shahaab-ud-Din Muhammad Ibrahim, Place: Delhi.”

Woman Dies After Car Drags Her For Kilometres On New Year Morning

Former Pakistan cricketer Danish Kaneria again plays Hindu-Muslim card, urges BCCI to help him

Latest from Latest