Centre approves Rs 272 crore under compensatory afforestation scheme for J&K

/

UT admin tells set timeline for implementing agencies

Nasir Azam

Srinagar, Apr 12 (KNO): The Centre has approved Rs 272 crore for implementation of compensatory afforestation scheme in Jammu & Kashmir.

The National Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority has approved Rs 272.65 crore for different activities under the scheme during the ongoing fiscal.

“With reference to the letter no. PCCF/CAMPNAPO-2023-24/1329/3293-94 dated 28.01.2023 of Government of Jammu and Kashmir on the above-mentioned subject, it is to convey the approval of the Executive Committee of the National Authority under Section l5 (l) (i) of the Compensatory Afforestation Fund (CAF) Act, 2016 for the mandatory and time bound activities of the Annual Plan of Operation of 2023-24 at total outlay of Rs. 274.05 crore (Rupees two hundred seventy four crore and five lakhs only). During 21st meeting of Executive Committee (EC) of the National Authority, EC has approved an amount of Rs.272.65 crore [Rupees two hundred seventy two crore and sixty five lakhs only],” reads the communique sent to J&K Government by CEO National Authority, CAMPA, a copy of which is in possession of news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO).

After the Centre’s approval, the Jammu & Kashmir government has asked different implementing agencies to take immediate action for execution of works approved in the annual plan of operations.

It has also set a timeline for implementing agencies. In a communique, the office of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests has directed implementing agencies that administrative approval/technical sanction for all works in the APOs shall be done by the competent authority by April 30, 2023.

Read Aslo  JKBOSE Class 10th Annual Regular 2023 Exam Centers Download PDF

It has set May 15 and June 15 as deadlines for floating of tenders and evaluation of bids & award of contract, respectively.

The office of PCCF has further directed them that infrastructure works shall be completed by end of February 2024.“Efforts shall be made to get these completed by end of December 2023,” the communique further states—(KNO)

FFRC directs private schools to submit files for fee fixation or face action

Long and tough journey eases for Bakerwals with transport facility

Latest from Kashmir