Militant hideout busted in Ramban, arms, ammunition recovered: Police

Ramban, Apr 05 : Security forces on Wednesday said they busted a militant hideout in Khari Jamlwan forest area of Ramban district, leading to recovery of huge cache of arms and ammunition.

An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that an information was received through reliable sources regarding presence of cache of arms, ammunition and related material in far flung hilly and forest area of Khari.

He said acting swiftly on the input, a joint search operation was launched in the area and suspected hideout locations were searched which continued till evening, during which arms and ammunition among other things were recovered from the spot.

He said the recoveries include 256 7.62 MM cartridges, 36 7.62 MM empty cartridges, 5 AK-47 magazines, 34 9 MM cartridges and other material.

He said a case FIR number 77/2023 under section 7/25 Arms act and Sec 4 Explosives substances act has been registered at P/S Banihal and investigation has been taken up

Read Aslo  Administration‘s ugly designs unacceptable: Sajjad Gani Lone led Peoples Conference

ITBP officer killed in accident during LAC patrol in Ladakh

‘Champions Dinner’ brings together former Masters winners for steak, shrimp … and skillet cookies

Latest from Latest