Govt begins process to scrutinize ration card holders falling in AAY, PHH category in Kashmir

/

Process to verify 7.5 lakh ration card holders be completed in one month, officials found involved in wrongdoing will be taken to task: Dir FCS&CA

Mubashir Aalam Wani

Srinagar, Mar 06 (KNO): The government on Monday said that the process to scrutinize over seven lakh ration card holders falling in the category of AAY and PHH in the Valley.

Talking to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Director Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs (FCS&CA), Abdul Salam Mir said that the process to identify the undeserving families who have been categorized in AAY and PHH has been started. “We have directed the officers to complete the process across Kashmir within the period of one month,” he said.

He added that a total of 1.5 lakh families fall in AAY category while nearly 5 lakh families fall in PHH category. “We have been identifying the families, who don’t deserve to be in AAY and PHH categories and they are accordingly added in APL category,” he said.

Director FCS&CA further said the employees who are found involved in providing AAY and PHH ration cards to the undeserving families are also being taken to the task.

He said in case any family does not deserve for AAY and PHH category, they should voluntarily surrender their ration cards to ensure that the poor families are benefitted. “Surrendering the ration cards voluntarily will not only save our time, but would also help in ensuring benefits to the poor and downtrodden families within the society,” he said—(KNO)

Tiger 3: Salman Khan’s pic with hijab-clad fan goes viral

After March, commuters to have safe journey along Sgr-Jmu highway

Latest from Kashmir