School teacher, with 6 PG degrees, becomes first A-licenced football coach from Ganderbal

Ganderbal, Mar 14 (KNO): Muzamil Mahmood, a young footballer and school teacher from Ganderbal, has made history by becoming the first A-licenced coach in this central Kashmir district.

Muzamil, from Gogjigund, Ganderbal, recently passed the Asian Football Confederation licence diploma, a coveted accreditation for coaches in the Indian football fraternity. His achievement is even more impressive given his background as a school teacher with six postgraduate degrees in various fields. He has also won the Best Coach award for the promotion of football in Jammu & Kashmir, showcasing his dedication and passion for the sport.

“I am very happy about it. This was my dream since childhood,” Muzamil told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO).

He said the course was a very fruitful experience where he not only got to know about the finer nuances of coaching but it also helped him understand how different coaching is from playing. “Besides playing, coaching was my passion,” he said.

Mahmood’s success is a testament to the growing popularity of football in Jammu & Kashmir, which has seen a surge in recent years. The region has produced several talented footballers who played for top clubs in the country.

With his impressive qualifications and experience, he is sure to make a significant contribution to the development of football in the Union Territory.

The locals of Gogjigund have expressed happiness over Muzamil becoming an A-licenced coach, saying his success is an inspiration to aspiring coaches and football enthusiasts in the region and beyond.

“This is a proud moment for the people of Ganderbal. Muzamil’s success is not only a personal accomplishment but also a source of pride for the entire district,” said a local Mukhtar Ahmad.

Read Aslo  THE RETURN OF MUNNA BHAI MBBS! | Degree certificates of 12 ‘doctors’ found fake

Muzamil’s appointment as Head Coach of the Chandigarh Santosh Trophy team and his management of the FC Kolhapur City Club in the Indian Women’s League, which is the top-tier league of women’s football in India, further highlights his commitment and passion for the sport—(KNO)

40K J&K women already millionaires as they earn over Rs 1 lakh a year: Mission Dir J&KRLM

1,997 killed, 18,54,901 hectares crops damaged in disasters in 2022-23: MoS Nityanand Rai in Lok Sabha

Latest from Kashmir