40K J&K women already millionaires as they earn over Rs 1 lakh a year: Mission Dir J&KRLM

/

Says under LG’s supervision big e-commerce platform to be set up soon

Mubashir Aalam Wani

Srinagar, Mar 14 (KNO): Mission Director Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihood Mission (JKRLM), Indu Kanwal Chib on Tuesday said that 40,000 women in J&K are millionaires as they earn over Rs 1 lakh a year.

Talking to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Chib said under the supervision of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha a big e-commerce platform will soon be set up for women entrepreneurs in the Union Territory.

She said that J&KRLM is going to organise 11-day national level fair SARAS (Sale of Articles and Rural Artisan Society) from tomorrow on the banks of world famous Dal Lake near Ghat No-8 on Boulevard Road.

Chib said that such events are being organized frequently outside J&K, but in here the frequency was too low.

“However, we have started organizing such events and after Jammu the event will be organised in Kashmir from tomorrow as well. SARAS is a marketing strategy for rural artisans to sell their products,” she said.

Under UMEED scheme, she said there are many platforms where women are being trained in both farm and non-farm skills.

She said at present, self help groups of 78000 people have been engaged and there are many entrepreneurs in J&K. “For me those selling milk at home are also entrepreneurs. 40,000 women are millionaires as they are earning more than one lakh a year and 65 percent among them are entrepreneurs,” she said.

She said the time has changed as women are not behind the men. “From being drivers to carpenters, women can do everything. But, it is not a race,” she said while replying to a query.

Read Aslo  KU: 2nd Revised Date Sheet for MBBS 2nd Year Annual

She further said under UMEED scheme, a big e-commerce platform is being set up under the supervision of Lieutenant Governor and that the work is already going on with ‘Meesho’—(KNO)

200 out of 1164 human rights cases in J&K pending with NHRC: MHA

School teacher, with 6 PG degrees, becomes first A-licenced football coach from Ganderbal

Latest from Kashmir