After attachment of MS DH Shopian, notice served to illegal occupant of fair price shop

/

‘Show any document pertaining to extension of contract or face action’

Jahangeer Ganaie

Shopian, Mar 10 (KNO): Authorities on Friday served a notice to ‘illegal occupant’ of fair price medical shop in premises of District hospital Shopian, asking him to show documents supporting extension of contract or action as per law will be taken against him.

As per the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), the notice was served days after District Magistrate Shopian attached Medical Superintendent District hospital Shopian for failing to take action against the illegal occupant of fair price medical shop in premises of District hospital Shopian.

According to notice served by Medical Superintendent Shopian to illegal occupant of fair price medical shop, the occupant has been asked to show documents supporting extension of contract or “action as per law will be taken against you.”

“In accordance with Government order No.492- HME of 2008 dated 17-06 2008 and with the aim of streamlining procedures and enhancing transparency in the allotment system, this office had invited bids for the operation of the Fair Price Medical Shop located within the premises of District Hospital Shopian. As the highest bidder, you were awarded a contract for a period of five years, until 12-09-2017,” reads the notice.

“Following the expiration of the contract, no extension has been granted to you, and you have been an unauthorized occupant of the public premises since 13.09.2017. Despite multiple notices served by this office, you have continued to operate the Medical Shop in our premises,” it further states.

Read Aslo  Updated Evaluation status of BG 6th Semester Examination Regular Batch 2019 and Backlog Batches 2016-2018

“Given the aforementioned facts and circumstances, as the Estate Officer, i am serving you with a fresh Notice under section 4 of the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Act, 1988. You are required to produce any documents pertaining to an extension of the contract, if any, issued to you following its termination on 13/09/2017, within a period of seven days from the date of this notice. Failure to do so will result in you being declared an unauthorized occupant of the public premises, and appropriate legal action will be taken against you,” the notice added.

Notably, the District Magistrate Shopian on Tuesday last had attached the Medical Superintendent ( MS) of District Hospital Shopian for allegedly allowing the illegal running of a fair price shop in the hospital premises, resulting in huge financial losses to the state exchequer.

Following his attachment, the charge of Medical Superintendent was given to Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Shopian till further orders—(KNO)

JKBOSE 10th Class Datesheet Changed

SMHS Hospital gets mobile charging station

Latest from Kashmir