SSM College of Engineering Celebrates International Women’s Day with Girl orphanage and women Achievers of the State

/

Srinagar, 08 Mar: The SSM College of Engineering celebrated International Women’s Day on the theme” DigitALL- Innovation and Technology for gender equality” with great enthusiasm and zeal on 8th of March 2023.

The event was graced by Advocate Abdul Rashid Hanjura, Founder & Chairman I R Research trust( Darul Muhsinat Girls orphanage, Singphpora, Pattan) as the Chief guest.Prominent women achievers of the state Darafshan Aiman(JKAS qualifier &SSM Alumni),Hirrah Naseer(CEO-Fall Winter Harissa & SSM Alumni ),Nava Shah (CEO Jamkle) & Masarat Farooq (Pioneer of online teaching Platform) were the Guests of Honour on the occasion.

The event commenced with a warm welcome address by Dr. N. A Shah, Registrar, SSM College of Engineering, who highlighted the significance of celebrating International Women’s Day and the importance of empowering women in all spheres of life. The esteemed Chief guests and Hon’ble guests of Honour were then invited to share their valuable insights on various topics related to women empowerment and their journeys.

The audience was spellbound by the motivating speeches of the distinguished speakers and performance from the orphanage. The event emphasized the importance of creating an enabling environment for women to achieve their potential and contribute to the development of society.

The event was attended by a large number of women from the college, including students, faculty, and other dignitaries. It was an excellent platform for women to come together, learn from each other, and network. The event concluded with a vote of thanks by Er. S.S.A Rufai, Principal SSM Polytechnic College , who besides expressing gratitude to the esteemed guests and the audience for making the event a grand success he announced that as mark of gratitude ,SSM adopted 10 orphans from the Trust and cover their all educational expenses. It was also declared that as a part of the theme of the event and to increase digitALL learning awareness among students, free computer course would be offered in the college premises on every Saturday to the orphanage inmates.

Read Aslo  Man rapes 20-month-old baby in Mumbai held

SSM College of Engineering takes pride in organizing such events to promote gender equality and empower women. The college remains committed in providing a conducive environment that nurtures and supports the growth and development of women in all spheres of life. The event was concluded with a valedictory function where the guests were felicitated with honour ,mementoes and certification

350 modern health infra projects coming up in UT: LG Manoj Sinha

District Administration Ganderbal conducts weekly Block Diwas at Sherpathri

Latest from Education