JKBOSE 10th , 11th and 12th Datesheet Realased Date Check Here

Implement residential education scheme for SC students: SED to CBSE affiliated schools

/

Srinagar, Feb 02 : The School Education Department has directed the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated schools of Kashmir division to implement a residential education scheme for Schedule Caste (SC) students from academic year 2022-23.

Director of School Education Kashmir (DSEK) said that the department of Social Justice and Empowerment for Government of India (GoI) is implementing the Scheme of Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas (SHRESTHA) from the academic year 2022-23.

According to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), DSEK said, “The programme provides opportunities for meritorious Scheduled Caste (SC) boys and girls to study in the best residential schools in the country. The scheme is being implemented from the academic year 2022-23.”

In a communiqué to principals of CBSE schools, DSEK said, “Every year, the best CBSE schools with residential facilities would be selected for the scheme and each selected school is expected to provide admission for at least ten meritorious SC Boys and Girls selected through the National Entrance Test.”

According to the official communiqué, the entry for students would be in class 9 and 11 for completion of education up to class 12.

“The selection of the students would be done through the National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA),” it reads.

The DSEK communiqué further states that every year, 3000 students would be provided fresh admissions under the scheme. “Allocation of schools would be done by web counseling process giving choices to the students and allocating the seats as per merit.”

Read Aslo  Fresh Weather Update Srinagar J&K - Check Here

“The cost of education of the students will be borne by the Government by directly transferring the money to the school electronically. Apart from this, there would be separate grants for conducting bridge courses if needed for the students,” DSEK said.

It also said that for the year 2023-24, it is expected that the National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) would be conducted in April 2023.

“As such, principals are requested to help in implementation of the scheme in CBSE affiliated schools as per the contents of the guidelines of the scheme so that SC boys and girls can be benefited under this Scheme,” it reads—(KNO)

Helpers Jobs in Govt Schools Of South Kashmir District

Remove haphazardly put wires, cables within 15 days: SMC to telecom services, cable operators

Latest from Education