Kashmir parts receive light snowfall, MeT predicts cloudy weather till this date

Kashmir parts receive light snowfall, MeT predicts cloudy weather till Jan 22

Mubashir Aalam Wani

Srinagar, Jan 19 : The parts of Kashmir Valley including Srinagar received light snowfall in the intervening night of Wednesday-Thursday while the weatherman here has predicted cloudy weather conditions till January 22 and light to moderate snowfall across the Valley from January 23.

People in Srinagar and elsewhere woke to a thin layer of snow this morning. The officials in the Meteorological department told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said that the weather conditions would remain generally cloudy with chances of light to moderate snow or rains in plains of Jammu over scattered to fairly widespread places till January 22nd.

The officials further informed that with 60 per cent chances, the middle and higher reaches of Jammu would receive widespread moderate or moderate to heavy snowfall in between January 23-January 25.

On January 26, there is a possibility of rainfall in Jammu region and cloudy weather conditions in Kashmir.

Moreover, the MeT has appealed to people living in snowbound areas to remain alert and cautious while venturing in areas which are vulnerable to snow avalanches.

Meanwhile, the night temperature has increased across Kashmir. Srinagar, the summer capital of J&K has recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.4 degree Celsius while the mercury in Gulmarg and Pahalgam settled at minus 7.6 and minus 4.3 degree Celsius respectively.

In Qazigund, the mercury settled at minus 3.4 degree Celsius—(KNO)

Kashmiri youth gets prestigious scholarship from University of California

Prolonged use of earphones may cause hearing loss, expert warns

Latest from Kashmir