Kashmir: Six people die of heart attack in last 24 hours

/

Haroon Nabi

Srinagar, Jan 15, KDC: At least six people have died of suspected heart attacks in different areas of Kashmir valley, while doctors say around 200 cases of heart attack have been reported in this month so far.

Reports reaching Srinagar based news agency Kashmir Dot Com said that six people have died of suspected heart attacks in south and north Kashmir parts.

They said that Fayaz Ahmad Sofi, son of Mohammad Shabana, a government teacher from Durpora Zainapora area of south Kashmir’s Shopian district, died by cardiac arrest on Sunday. A 12th class girl also died of suspected heart attack in Sugan area of Shopian district on Saturday.

In Pulwama, a 22 year old Jan Mohammad suddenly felt pain and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctor declared him dead and the cause is said to be heart attack. In Ashmuqam area of Anantnag district, a youth died of heart attack on Saturday afternoon.

In north Kashmir’s Baramulla, a constable who was undergoing training at PTC Sheeri died of a heart attack on Saturday. He was identified as Fayaz Ahmed Bhat, a resident of Narigund Kaitch area of Khan Sahib, Budgam.

In Ganderbal district, a man in his early twenties identified as Mushtaq Ahmad Malik of Pehlipora Safapora has died due to heart attack on Saturday.

Dr Irfan Bhat, a well-known cardiologist, told news agency Kashmir Dot com that “During the winter the rate of heart attacks is high, even the heart disease worsens in patients, who are suffering from optimum level heart disease. The blood pressure increases and heart blood supply spasm. The rate of heart attacks is two and half times more in winter.”

Read Aslo  JKSSB Exam calendar 2023 Out, download pdf

He said “‘Less than 1% percent among the heart attack patients died. The 5 to 6 deaths happened at SMHS hospital this month, because they presented late. People don’t take heart diseases seriously in Kashmir.”

“Patients should be protected from cold in this weather as almost two hundred cases of heart attacks have been reported so far in this month across Kashmir, ” Irfan said, adding that “Heart attacks in this cold weather are not restricted only to the elderly. We have cases when even teenagers have suffered heart attacks. Everyone, irrespective of age, should keep warm and stay indoors,” Dr Irfan said. (KDC)

BEE ENN College of Nursing Jobs 2023

Traffic Challan New Rules: Big change in traffic rules, now a challan of Rs 2,000 will be deducted even for wearing a helmet! check new rules immediately

Latest from Kashmir