I&B ministry bans 6 YouTube channels for spreading fake news

/

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry has banned six more YouTube channels for spreading fake news. The six YouTube channels were found to be operating as part of a coordinated disinformation network and had nearly 20 lakh subscribers.

Continuing its crackdown on social media channels for spreading fake news, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B) banned six YouTube channels for propagating fake news and misinformation. The six YouTube channels were found to be operating as part of a coordinated disinformation network, had nearly 20 lakh subscribers and their videos have been watched over 51 crore times, the government said.

In a series of tweets, PIB listed out the names of channels and the fake news being spread by them. The names of these channels are Nation TV, Sarokar Bharat, Nation 24, Samvad Samachar, Swarnim Bharat and Sambad TV

Read Aslo  Former Pakistan cricketer Danish Kaneria again plays Hindu-Muslim card, urges BCCI to help him

BG 1st Semester and BG 3rd Semester Examination Form Date has been extended – Check Here

BG 5th Semester Kashmir University Final Result Declared

Latest from International