32 Saudi women qualify to become loco pilots

RIYADH – The Saudi Railway Company (SAR) has celebrated the graduation of the first batch of female drivers of the Haramain Express Train. SAR has qualified 32 Saudi women to pilot one of the fastest trains in the world.

SAR published a video on its official account on Twitter showing part of the training operations from inside the driving cab, which the trainees undergo to qualify them to drive trains.

Mohannad Shaker, the trainer and train captain, said the Haramain Train is keen to train its men and women captains to achieve the highest standards of safety and security to guarantee that the train moves from a station and reaches its final destination without delay or problems.

The women train captains have expressed their pride in having this opportunity to become the first female train drivers in the Middle East. They confirmed that transporting pilgrims and visitors gives them motivation to work with great care.

One of the trainees indicated that they are being trained to drive the Haramain Express Train through a simulator that completely represents reality, as it contains a real driving cabin, through which all weather factors and technical problems that they may encounter while driving the train are fully tested, in order to help and prepare them for the real trips.

The Transport General Authority said that qualifying Saudi women to become the Haramain Express Train drivers is a continuation of empowering women in the transport and logistic services sector.

‘Only Umrah And Hajj Visa Holders Allowed Zamzam Bottles’: Jeddah Airports

School Edu Deptt to propagate knowledge of e-services to principals, headmasters of High, Hr Sec schools

Latest from International