1200 out of 3000 streetlights in Ganderbal town non-functional

/

Raja Syed Rather

Ganderbal, Apr 01 (KNO): The residents of main town Ganderbal have complained that many streetlights installed in their area are lying defunct.

The locals told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that some of the streetlights have gone out of order and the officials from the Ganderbal Municipal Council (GMC) have failed to replace them. “The streetlights in our town have not been working for several months, yet nobody from the municipality visited the area to replace them,” said a resident.

Another resident, “It’s very difficult to walk on the roads during the evening; it is not safe at all. The streetlights should be repaired at the earliest.”

The residents have appealed to the authorities to repair the non-functional streetlights for the safety and convenience of the community.

Chairman Ganderbal Municipal Council Advocate Altaf Lone said that out of 3,000 street lights in the town, 1200 are currently non-functional. He said the council will depute a team to replace the lights in the market and streets in the near future.

“We understand the concerns of the residents. We are working on it and will ensure that the streetlights will be functional soon,” he said—(KNO)

Read Aslo  GMC Principals directed to relieve doctors who completed 3 years of tenure posting

Under RTI Act, Advocate seeks details of officials, meetings, expenditure spent on fake PMO official in Kashmir

Boulevard accident: Traffic police special teams to curb stunt biking

Latest from Kashmir