School Edu Deptt orders inquiry against Private schools for recommending textbooks of private publishers to parents

Srinagar, Mar 28 (KNO): The School Education Department Tuesday ordered an inquiry against private schools for prescribing textbooks published by private publishers instead of those recommended by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE).

According to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), Director of School Education Kashmir (DSEK) said this in a communique issued to Chief Education Officers (CEOs) of the region.

DSEK said that there have been complaints against some private schools for purchasing books from private publishers instead of Books prescribed by JKBOSE for classes 6th ,7th and 8th.

“As you are aware that department has received various complaints from the parents alleging therein that some of the private schools are asking the parents to purchase books of private publishers instead of or in addition to the books prescribed by the JKBOSE,” it reads.

DSEK further said that the practice has been viewed seriously by the authorities.

“As such you are requested to conduct an in-depth enquiry into the matter along with your Zonal Education Officers and furnish the action taken report to this Directorate within a period of three days positively,” reads the communiqué—(KNO)

Read Aslo  Reopening of Schools:Only Secondary, Senior Secondary teaching staff to report back on Feb-20: Officials

House, school damaged in Anantnag blaze

ECI find excuses to delay elections in J&K: Omar

Latest from Education