Gurez-Bandipora road to be thrown open shortly

/

Snow clearance ops on Srinagar-Leh highway underway: Officials

Raja Syed Rather

Srinagar, Mar 10 (KNO): The 85-km-long Bandipora-Gurez road which remained closed for the winter months due to accumulation of heavy snow along the Razdan Pass is likely open in coming days, official sources said here on Friday.

Gurez area, along the Line of Control (LoC) like Ladakh Karnah-Tangdar, remains cut off from the rest of the world through Kashmir valley due to the accumulation of snow along the high peaks through which these roads are passing.

The official sources told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) which is conducting the snow clearance operation on the road has been able to complete its operation in the shortest possible time despite battling all odds.

They said that the traffic movement on the road will likely be thrown open in the coming days which is a great relief for soldiers deployed in the forward area as well as for the local populace of the region.

Meanwhile, officials said that the snow clearance operation along the Srinagar-Leh national highway is going on in full swing and it is being ensured to open the road as soon as possible

Notably, the road connecting Ladakh with the rest of India is not just a stretch of asphalt and concrete, but a lifeline for the people living in this remote region.

For centuries, Ladakh has relied on this road to transport essential goods and supplies, and to connect with the outside world—(KNO)

SMHS Hospital gets mobile charging station

Last Date for submission of Haj application forms (2023) has been extended upto 20th of March 2023

Latest from Kashmir