NIA Intensifies Drive Against Nexus of Militant-Gangster-Drug Smuggler

Five More Properties Attached in Delhi, Haryana

Srinagar, March 07(GNS): National Investigation Agency on Tuesday intensified its cracked down against Militant-Gangster-Drug Smuggler Networks across North India.

In a handout to GNS, the NIA said that following investigations in cases against 3 major Organised Crime Syndicates/gangs being operated by Pak based Harvinder Rinda, Lawrence Bishnoi and Bambiha group, the NIA has attached another 4 Properties in Haryana and 1 in Delhi owned by members of Organised Crime Syndicates operating in the northern States of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Delhi. Today’s attachments follow similar attachments of 5 properties (4 in Haryana and 1 in Delhi) on March 4th, 2023.

According to statsment, properties attached today were found acquired from funds generated from carrying out different types of militant and criminal extortion activities and were thus ‘proceeds of militancy’, as they were being used for hatching militant conspiracies and execution of crimes.

The Properties attached in action by NIA today include the House of Chhotu Ram@ Bhat at Chautala (district Sirsa), House of Jagseer Singh @ Jagga @ Jagsir @ Jagga Sarpanch at Takhatmal (district Sirsa), house of Virender Singh @ Kala Rana in district Yamuna Nagar and land of Raju @ Mota r/o Basaudi in district Sonipat in Haryana and land of Satyawan Sehrawat @ Sonu at Dariyapur in Delhi, he said.

NIA’s action today has hit at the weapons supply chain of this network. Virender @Kala Rana, Chhotu Ram @Bhat and Jagseer Singh @Jagga used to provide weapons and arrange logistics, include safe sanctuaries, to the gang members. Satyawan @ Sonu and Raju @Mota r/o Basaudi had also harboured gangsters. They had a major role to play in the generation of funds to support the operations of militancy-crime syndicates. Raju @Mota had laundered the money by investing the ‘proceeds of terrorism’ in real estate business and other businesses, including liquor, he said.

Read Aslo  Gold Rate In Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir Today - Check Here

NIA has carried out over 230 raids/searches across Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi/ NCR, arrested 27 gangster-leaders, recovered around 38 weapons, frozen 87 Bank accounts since it launched its drive against organised crime syndicates in August 2022. In addition, Canada based Arsh Dalla and Pakistan based Harvinder Rinda have been listed as ‘terrorists’ by the MHA under UAPA in the recent past, he said.

The drive to choke these organised crime networks of funding and to dismantle their ecosystem by attaching and seizing their properties, derived from ‘proceeds of terrorism and crime’ would be intensified in the coming days, alongwith Police forces of various States, reads the statement.(GNS)

Baramulla Youth Garners Appreciation for His Debut Poetry Book Titled ‘Mixed Souls’

Women made invaluable contribution to socio-economic development of J&K: LG

Latest from Kashmir