Govt to conduct special drives against drug peddling in and around Educational Institutions

/

Srinagar, Mar 02 : The government has ordered special drives against drug peddling in and around Educational Institutions across Jammu and Kashmir.

In this regard, the government has asked Principals of all Higher Secondary Schools to work as Nodal Officers in order to coordinate with the District Administration.

According to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), in the fourth National Narcotics Coordination Portal. (NCORD), the principals have been asked to report any suspicious behavior by any of the students or individuals in and around the institution to the District Administration at an earliest.

“The Head of the institutions shall take a strict vigil against drug peddlers around the schools with the help of local police and elected PRIs members,” reads the official communique.

In one of the circulars issued by the Chief Education Officer (CEO) Anantnag has said that the Deputy Commissioner, Anantnag has taken a serious note of the alarming increase in the use of Drugs particularly among the school going children in the district and has issued directions to the CEO Anantnag to take appropriate steps to curtail the said practice from the educational institutions.

Accordingly, the CEO impressed upon all the heads of the institutions of government and private Higher Secondary Schools, High Schools and Middle Schools to constitute or re-constitute a ’Drug De-Addiction Clubs’ comprising two Teaching Officials preferably one Male and one Female who are already trained.

The concerned officers have been asked to submit the same to the concerned Zonal Education Officers for compilation of the information who shall submit the same to CEO office Anantnag by or before March-15-2023—(KNO)

Posts of Assistant Professor in different disciplines in Government Degree Colleges of Jammu and Kashmir in Higher Education Department.

Meet IAS officer Anju Sharma, failed in school exams, cracked UPSC at 22 in first attempt

Latest from Education