Fresh Weather Update For Jammu And Kashmir Till 30 January, Check

/

Jammu and Kashmir Weather Update Srinagar J&K

Weather Forecast for Jammu and Kashmir

According to a meteorological department official in Srinagar, the forecast for the next 24 hours in Jammu and Kashmir is mainly dry weather.

Weather Update Srinagar J&K Weather 

However, there is a chance of light to widespread rain and snow in the subsequent two days starting January 29th. The region is currently under the grip of Chillai-Kalan, the 40- day long harsh winter period that started on December 21.

Most parts of J&K have also seen a drop in minimum temperatures. Srinagar recorded a low of 1.2°C, which is 2.2°C above normal for the summer capital. Qazigund recorded a low of minus 0.6°C, Pahalgam recorded a low of minus 4.3°C, and Kokernag recorded a low of minus 0.9°C. Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 8.6°C, Jammu recorded a low of 5.5°C, and Ladakh’s Leh recorded a low of minus 11.2°C.

Snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir

The MeT also reported that in the last 24 hours till 0830 hours, Qazigund received 5.0cm of snow, Pahalgam received 3.3cm and Kokernag received 1.0cm.

Snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir

In conclusion, the weather forecast for Jammu and Kashmir predicts mainly dry weather in the next 24 hours, with a chance of light to widespread rain and snow in the subsequent two days.

331 Class IV Vacancies in J&K: Salary 35,000, Eligibility 10th pass: Apply

Kashmir University PG Entrance Syllabus 2023 & Previous Question Papers PDF for All Subjects

Latest from Kashmir