Matter of Concern: Heart attacks claim five lives in a single day in Kashmir

/

Matter of Concern: Heart attacks claim five lives in a single day in KashmirSuhail Khan

Srinagar: Five precious lives were lost in a single day in parts of Kashmir on Saturday due to a heart attack, thus raising serious concern among the people.

As per details available with The Web Story, in north Kashmir’s Baramulla, a cop from Budgam district died of a cardiac arrest at a police training center.

As per official confirmation, a cop Fayaz Ahmed of the Khan Sahib area of Budgam died of cardiac arrest at the Sheeri training center on Saturday.

In another incident, an 18-year-old girl—name withheld—a resident of the Sugan area of Shopian died of cardiac arrest, as per officials. She was a student of 12th standard.

While in Chandrigam Aishmuqam, a 52-year-old man named Nazir Ahmad Shah, son of Late Ghulam Nabi died after he suffered a heart attack.

In Safafora Ganderbal a youth identified as Mushtaq Ahmad Son of Abdul Ahad Malik died of heart attack as per official report.

In another unfortunate incident, a 22-year-old man identified as Jan Mohammad from Puchal Pulwama died of cardiac arrest.

Meanwhile, a health expert in a chat with The Web Story said that an increase in the number of deaths among the young generation is really a matter of concern.

He said that precious lives need to be saved from these sudden cardiac events.

“It demands immediate attention so that many lives at risk can be saved by timely awareness programmes and preventive and diagnostic interventions,” he said.

The expert claimed that the major reasons behind such heart attacks are the blockages caused in the arteries of the heart, thus obstructing the regular flow of blood and thereby leading to sudden cardiac arrest.

Read Aslo  Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 For 248 Vacancies

He said preventive measures that are needed include:

Change in lifestyle and complete cessation of smoking

Refraining from any drug or substance abuse.

Reduce salt intake if your blood pressure is on the higher side.

Reducing weight if one is obese or overweight with regular exercise

Promoting the consumption of healthy foods- Green leafy vegetables, in particular.

Limiting the consumption of oils and non-vegetarian foods, particularly those high in saturated fats.

Avoid unnecessary exposure to cold during the winter, especially if you live in a cold climate especially during early morning hours.

Those with a family history of cardiac disease or with a history of sudden death in the family should consult a doctor for proper evaluation.

Surge in smartphone addiction among Kashmiri children; Experts warn of disaster

SKIMS Soura Recruitment 2023 for Lab Technician, Data Entry Operator and other post

Latest from Kashmir