After Haldwani, Muslim residents served eviction notices in MP’s Ujjain in view of ‘Kumbh Mela 2028’

/

The Madhya Pradesh government has asked hundreds of residents to leave Ujjain’s Gulmohar colony as the city in view of the Kumbh Mela that is scheduled to be hosted in the city in 2028.

The Ujjain Municipal Corporation (UMC) has issued a public notice in Gulmohar and Gyarsi colonies, asking inhabitants, most of them Muslims, to vacate their homes.

As soon as the notice of UMC reached the area on December 11, one local resident Salim Bhai Patangwale died, locals said, Muslim Mirror reported.

The Residents of Gulmohar and Gyarsi Colony said, “Our homes were not constructed on government-owned property. Small farmers were the owners. These people attempted to recoup their investment by farming but were unsuccessful, so they sold their land as tiny plots. Poor people bought the land alongside them. The administration now wants to have them gone.”

The latest eviction notice comes amidst the massive protests in Haldwani where the Uttarakhand court ordered the houses of over 4300 residents of Gafoor Basti to be demolished.

Read Aslo  Rekha Jhunjhunwala earns ₹1000 crore from this Tata stock in two weeks

Possibility Of Snowfall In Kashmir Valley – Check Here

Teacher, appointed 13 years ago, managed entry into Edu Deptt through fake order: Probe Panel

Latest from Latest