‘Jummat-ul-Vida’: Ensure adequate availability of bus service for devotees: RTO to transport associations

/

Urges ARTOs to make transport arrangements in respective districts

Srinagar, Apr 12 (KNO): In order to ensure the smooth and hassle-free transport service for devotees on the observance of Jummat-ul-Vida (the last Friday of Ramadan) on April 14, the regional transport authorities on Wednesday directed all the transport associations and unions of the Kashmir division to ensure availability of the adequate number of big, medium and mini buses.

Regional Transport Officer (RTO) Kashmir has directed all the transport associations and unions to ensure the availability of bus service from Parimpora and district routes towards Hazratbal, Jinab Sahib Soura, Kalashpora and Jamia Masjid Srinagar for the convenience of the general public and devotees.

An order issued by the Office of the Regional Transport Officer Kashmir, a copy of which lies with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) states that apart from the service from Parimpora to Hazratbal, Lal Chowk to Hazratbal via Rajouri Kadal, Brain/Nishat/Shalimar to Hazratbal and Buchpora, Soura to Hazratbal, transport unions have been directed to ensure additional transport arrangements for the day.

“For smooth and hassle-free celebration of Jummat-ul-Vida on 14-04-2023, all the Transport Associations/ Unions of Kashmir Division are hereby directed to ensure availability of the adequate number of Big Buses/ Medium Buses/ Mini Buses from Parimpora and District routes falling in western areas towards Hazratbal, Jinab Sahib Soura, Kalashpora, Jamia Masjid Srinagar, for the convenience of general public/ devotees,” it reads.

According to the order, Jammu Kashmir Road Transport Corporation (JKRTC) has also been asked to adequately operate its fleet as per the past practice for the convenience of devotees and to ensure the availability of buses inter-alia from Lal Chowk to Hazratbal, Jinab Sahib Soura, Jamia Masjid, and to all important places witnessing large congregation.

Read Aslo  161 Posts, Water And Power Consultancy Service Limited - 2023

The RTO Kashmir through the order has urged all the Assistant Regional Transport Officers – Anantnag, Baramulla, Bandipora, Budgam, Ganderbal, Kupwara, Kulgam, Pulwama, and Shopian – to ensure the availability of adequate transport arrangements for the general public on the eve of the Jummat-ul-Vida—(KNO)

School Edu Deptt summons few Pvt Schools in case of unilateral, illegal hike of annual charges, tuition, transport

Iran’s renowned Quran reciter performs recitation at Jama Masjid Srinagar

Latest from Kashmir