185 outsiders have bought land in J&K in last 3 years: Centre in Rajya Sabha

/

Srinagar, Apr 05 (KNO): The Centre on Wednesday said that 185 persons from outside Jammu and Kashmir have bought land in the Union Territory during 2020, 2021 and 2022.

In a written reply to a question, Union Minister of State for Home, Nityanand Rai, as per the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), informed the Rajya Sabha that in 2020 only one person brought the land while 57 persons bought in 2021 and 127 in 2022.

“Further, as per the information provided by the Union Territory of Ladakh, no land has been bought by persons from outside the UT during the last three years,” he said.

He said as per the information provided by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir, a total of 1559 Indian companies, including multinational companies, have made investments in the UT.

“In 2020-21 financial year, 310 entitles have been invested while 175 in 2021-22 and 1074 in 2022-23,” he said, adding that as per the information provided by the Union Territory of Ladakh, no Indian companies, including multinational companies, have invested in the UT during the last three years,” he said—(KNO)

Read Aslo  JKBOSE: Class 11th, Model papers, All Streams, Download Here

Work on Banihal bypass on NH-44 to be completed by end of current financial year: Centre

Wife sends divorce messages to herself from husband’s phone

Latest from Kashmir