In JK, paid Pvt tuitions of students from classes 1st to 8th shows 5 % increase

/

Bhat Imran

Srinagar, Jan 20 (KNO): In the past five years, Jammu and Kashmir has recorded a hike of five percent in taking paid private tuitions by the students of classes 1st to 8th standard.

The figures released by the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)-2022 states that, “In JK, the proportion of children in Classes 1st to 8th taking paid private tuition classes have increased from 8.8 percent in 2018 to 13.8 percent in 2022.”

The news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) has also leant that the survey has also revealed that the proportion of children in 3rd standard in government or private schools who can read at least 2nd standard level text dropped from 22.1 percent in 2018 to 19.0 percent in 2022.

“In Jammu and Kashmir, the proportion of all children enrolled in Class-V in government or private schools who can at least read a Std II level text fell from 42 percent in 2018 to 35.2 percent in 2022,” ASER said.

The national survey further states that the proportion of children in Class-III in Jammu and Kashmir who are able to do at least do subtraction increased from 36.1 percent in 2018 to 38.7 percent in 2022.

“The proportion of children in Class-V who can do division has fallen slightly, from 25.1 percent in 2018 to 22.4 percent in 2022,” it reads.

It also states that the proportion of students in 5th standard who are able to read simple English sentences has fallen from 48.6 percent in 2016 to 45.6 percent in 2022. “Slight decrease is also visible for children in Class-VIII from 74.9 percent in 2016 to 71.1 percent in 2022.”—(KNO)

Ganderbal girl cracks JKAS exam in 3rd attempt

Gold rates today at life-time high. Should you buy in current rally?

Latest from Kashmir