Notwithstanding subsequent closure of schools in past, overall enrolment of 6 to 14 year old students increases by 1.2 percent

/

‘Proportion of children in this age group who are not currently enrolled has dropped to 1.6 percent; Proportion of 15-16-year-old girls not enrolled has continued to drop, standing at 7.9 percent in 2022’

Srinagar, Jan 18 : Despite subsequent closure of educational institutes in 2019 and 2020, the overall enrollment rate in Jammu and Kashmir for the age group of students from 6 to 14 years has increased by 1.2 percent.

The figures released by the Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)-2022 on Wednesday states that, “Despite school closures during the pandemic, overall enrollment figures have increased from 97.2 percent in 2018 to 98.4 percent in 2022. “

The news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) has leant that the ASER in the report has also said, “The proportion of children in this age group who are not currently enrolled has dropped to 1.6 percent.”

“In Jammu and Kashmir, the proportion of children in this age group who are not currently enrolled has dropped to 0.5 percent,” it reads.

The survey further reveals that the enrollment rate for the 6 to 14 age group has been above 95 percent for the past 15 years.

Stating the figures of the enrollment in government-run-schools, ASER said that the period from 2006 to 2014 saw a steady decrease in the proportion of children of 6 to 14 years of students enrolled in government school.

“In 2014, this figure stood at 64.9 percent and did not change much over the following four years. However, the proportion of children of this age group enrolled in government school increased sharply from 65.6 percent in 2018 to 72.9 percent in 2022,” it reads.

Read Aslo  JKDMA Issues Avalanche Warning In 10 J&K Districts

The survey further states that the increase in government school enrollment is visible in almost every state in the country. “However, in Jammu and Kashmir, the proportion of children of 6 to 14 year old students enrolled in government school decreased from 58.3 percent in 2018 to 55.5 percent in 2022.”

About the proportion of girls who are not currently enrolled, ASER said, “The proportion of 15-16-year-old girls not enrolled has continued to drop, standing at 7.9 percent in 2022. In Jammu and Kashmir, this proportion stands at 6.2 percent.”

The ASER report reads, “In Jammu and Kashmir, the proportion of children in 3rd standard in government or private schools who can read at least 2nd standard level text dropped from 22.1 percent in 2018 to 19.0 percent in 2022.”

The survey further reveals that in Jammu and Kashmir, the proportion of all children enrolled in 5th standard in government or private schools who can at least read a 2nd level text fell from 42.0 percent in 2018 to 35.2 percent in 2022.”

About the 5th standard students, ASER said that in Jammu and Kashmir, this proportion fell to 61.2 percent from 65.0 percent in 2018—(KNO)

Fatima Shahba written the Holy Quran By Hand with great beauty

After Govt directions, authorities issue eviction notices across J&K

Latest from Kashmir