IND vs SL 2nd ODI Highlights: Rahul, Kuldeep shine in India’s series-sealing win

KL Rahul played a gritty unbeaten 64-run knock guiding India to a series-sealing four-wicket win against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Chasing 216 for victory, India crossed the finish line in the 44th over. Stay updated with Times of India to get all the live cricket score updates, scorecard, and ball by ball commentary of second ODI match between India and Sri Lanka.

India chase in a nutshell

KL Rahul got some much-needed runs under his belt as his unbeaten 64 helped India beat Sri Lanka by 4 wickets in the second one-dayer in Kolkata. With the victory India took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Chasing a modest 216, India openers Rohit Sharma (17) and Shubman Gill (21) started off swiftly but then the hosts lost wickets in a flurry, courtesy some tight bowling by the Lankans. Virat Kohli was cleaned up cheaply for 4 while Shreyas Iyer too departed for 28 putting India in spot of bother. However, Rahul along with Hardik Pandya (36) then forged a crucial 75-run partnership to bring India out of the troubled waters and put chase back on track. After Hardik’s departure, in-form Axar Patel (21) cracked a few blows taking India closer to the target. Rahul along with Kuldeep Yadav (10*) eventually took India home in the 44th over. The third ODI will be played on Sunday in Thiruvananthapuram.

Read Aslo  Shaykh al-Hadith Darul Uloom Sopore, Mufti Muzzafar Hussain Qasmi has met an accident in Makkah

Woman Power: Meet J&K’s Only Female Electrician Shabnam

UPSC CDS Recruitment 2023 For 341 Posts, Check Exam Date, Application Form

Latest from International