Sgr, Qazigund, Kupwara record coldest night of season

St minus 6.4 degree Celsius, Sgr records 2nd lowest temp in Jan in last 5 years

Srinagar, Jan 05 (KNO): Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir has recorded the coldest night of season at minus 6.4 degree Celsius, which is the second lowest temperature in the last five years.

Details available with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said that Qazigund and Srinagar recorded the season’s coldest night at minus 6.2 degree Celsius and minus 6.4 degree Celsius respectively.

As per the details, Srinagar has recorded the second lowest temperature in the last five years in the month of January.

In 2021, the city recorded a minimum temperature of -8.8°C on 31 January, an Independent Weather Forecaster, Faizan Arif Keng said.

Pahalgam, a famous tourist destination was once again the coldest place in the valley. The mercury at the famous resort settled at minus 9.2 degree Celsius.

In Gulmarg, a famous ski-resort, the mercury settled at minus 7.5 degree Celsius while in Kokernag, the mercury settled at minus 4.4 degree Celsius.

Kupwara in the northern district also recorded the coldest night of season at minus 6.2 degree Celsius—(KNO)

Read Aslo  201 Posts, JKPSC Recruitment 2023 - Apply Now

Winter vacation for schools extended till

JKBOSE 10th, 11th And 12th Annual Regular 2023 Important Examination Notification

Latest from Kashmir