UP Police Seeks Details Of JK Students Studying In AMU

//

SRINAGAR: Uttar Pradesh Police has directed the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) authorities to furnish details of students of Jammu and Kashmir studying in the varsity.

An official communiqué issued by the Assistant Controller Examination of AMU (UP) has said that the details are to be sought on directions of Superintendent of Police, Aligarh.

Reports said that the Assistant Controller Examination has asked its deans of the faculties, Dean Student Welfare (DSW), Chairmen of the all Department of Studies in faculties to submit the details of Kashmiri students studying in the varsity.

Besides, the authorities have also sought details from the principal of colleges, polytechnic, S.H. Senior Secondary School boys and girls, STS School, AMU Girls School, RMPS AMU City School, AMU ABK School of boys and girls coordinator, AMU Centre Nodal Office, Centre of Professional Courses, Disability Unit, B.E. (Evening) Course, Interdicts, Biotech Unit, Interdisciplinary Centre for Artificial Intelligence, interdis centre for green and renewable energy

The letter has also been shot to director, K.A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies, CEPECAMI, Centre for Interdisc, biomedical and human factors engineering, centre for women’s studies, centre of advanced study schools and nodal officer of community college

Assistant Controller Examination of AMU said, “I am directed to request these officials to furnish the Information with regard to total number of students studying in the faculty, centre etcetera male and female wise total number of Jammu and Kashmiri students admitted with complete details during the session 2022-2023.”

Read Aslo  Latest Weather Update Srinagar J&K- Check Here

The officer has directed to furnish the details on priority. “The information is to be provided to the Superintendent of Police of Aligarh.”

Pertinently, on December-25-2022, scores of Kashmiri students protested at AMU following the alleged thrashing of a Kashmiri student.

One of the protesting students had informed that, “Some students of the university were playing badminton at 1 Am and a Ph.D scholar from Kashmir asked them not to disturb the students.”

“The students who were playing badminton in anger started thrashing him on Saturday late evening. The matter didn’t end here, some more non-Kashmiri students came in a group the very next day and started thrashing the Kashmiri students,” the students allege.

He said, “When we tried to contact the concerned university authority, they did not respond to our grievances that compelled us to stage a protest against the administration.”

“We want the administration to immediately take strict action against all those persons who are making a mockery of the university,” the protesting students had said. (KNO)

News Regarding Assembly Election In Jammu & Kashmir, Check Important Updates Here

DECLARATION OF RESULT FOR BG 4TH SEMESTER BATCH 2019 & BACKLOG Islamia College Srinagar

Latest from Kashmir