5 Govt teachers shut schools to enjoy feast in Reasi, suspended

Srinagar, Dec 20 : Authorities have suspended five government teachers, who along with the Zonal Education Officer (ZEO) had closed five schools during working hours to enjoy the feast in a nearby public school.

The news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) has leant that the Chief Education Officer (CEO) Reasi in an official communiqué had said that the complex head Shajroo after receiving a complaint regarding the closure of five schools during working hours paid a visit to those schools.

“The complex head found these schools locked during working hours and thus submitted a report along with photographs showing that these schools were locked,” it reads.

The communiqué further reads that an enquiry committee consisting of Principal of HSS Channa, Rieaz Hussain Senior Lecturer of HSS Mahore and Headmaster of HS Jamlan was constituted to conduct an in-depth inquiry regarding the matter.

It also reads, “The committee submitted a detailed report in which the committee confirmed the closure of the schools that too without the permission of higher authorities.”

“ZEO Mahore instead of taking action against the HOls of those schools for closing the schools, he himself participated with them in enjoying the feast at MS Tramala and this office has recommended for suitable punishment warranted under rules against ZE Mahore to DSEJ,” reads the communiqué.

The CEO said that neither headmaster of MS Tramala in any case is authorised to serve direction to any school for closing the schools nor HOls of these schools have the authority to close the schools without permission of higher authorities as such all these Hols need strong action to be taken against them.

Read Aslo  Managing the exam stress - Read More

“Therefore, HOls of all the schools are put under suspension with immediate effect and attached to the office of CEO Reasi,” it reads—(KNO)

Authorities order probe into death of old age pension applicant at Tehsil Social Welfare office B’pora

Amid dry spell, Chilai-Kalan set to bring intense chill from tonight

Latest from Kashmir